The Farmers’ Stand
Your Food has a Story
6475 US HWY 93S Suite 10
We are Brooke, Sean, Rebecca and Todd. We are organic farmers in the Flathead Valley of Montana, and we are passionate about local agriculture and nutritious food. Brooke and Sean are “Wicked Good Produce”, and Todd and Rebecca are “Two Bear Farm”. We came up with the totally crazy idea of starting a store because we felt consumers needed to be better connected to farmers. Our store will focus on getting as much local and bioregional food as possible into our community, while helping to support fair prices for farmers and growth in the local agricultural sector. Much of what we sell will come from our farms but we look forward to also selling from Montana’s other amazing ranchers and farmers. We are super excited about the concept, but as part of that, we need a great team. We are looking for gregarious, outgoing and self-motivated people to help sell the concept of a local food economy to our customers! We feel like it’s time to take a stand for good food. The farmers’ stand…get it?
What we are offering
Pay – $11- $14 dollars an hour depending on experience. We feel like raises should be merit based and serve as a great way to show our appreciation for a job well done (as well as treats, vegetables and praise.)
Hours – Our store hours are Tuesday- Saturday 10- 7 & Sunday 10-5. Staffing will be limited to one or two people per shift, so you need to feel comfortable working alone and taking on full responsibility for the store. Shifts available are:
- Opening shift: 9-3: duties include setting out and prepping all displays, stocking the till, checking dates on deli items, cashing out till, cleaning bathroom etc.
- Closing shift: 2-8: duties include closing display cases and curtains or putting vegetables and perishable items back in the cooler, cashing out the till, cleaning floors and surfaces, and leaving the store in good condition for the following day.
If you would like to take a stand and join The Farmers’ Stand team, please submit the following:
- Current resume with 3 reference contacts
- Cover letter addressing the questions below
- Do you eat vegetables?
- Are you passionate about local organic food?
- Do you prioritize health in your own life and how?
- What interests you about working in our store?
- How would you describe your personality style?
- Do you enjoy engaging with & educating the public?
- Can you always be friendly and professional even if the situation doesn’t warrant it (AKA total asshole alert)?
8. Have you ever worked on a farm or a health food-focused store? If so, how was it? What did you like? What did you not like?
9. It’s a beautiful day outside but you’re stuck inside a store…
- You are super bummed and wish you got a job landscaping
- You call in sick so you can go rafting
- You are super stoked cause you’re taking a stand for local food!
10. If you were a vegetable …What vegetable would you be and why?